• Story in Asheville Citizen-Times.
• Winner of the 2016 Thomas Wolfe Fiction Prize.
• Featured on NPR‘s “World Cafe” Sense of Place: Asheville series.
• Included in Blurt Magazine‘s Top-15 Music Books of 2015.
• Reviewed by Donovan’s Bookshelf, Aug. 2015 issue / indie press section.
• Reviewed by Blurt Magazine.
• Reviewed in the July/August issue of WNC Magazine.
• Featured in Foreword Reviews‘ Summer 2015 debut fiction section. “Marshall’s How to Talk to Rockstars pays melodic homage to all those who have ever tried to find themselves in the artists who move them.”
• Listed among May/June fiction bestsellers on Small Press Distribution
• Included in TimeOut New York‘s “24 awesome things happening in New York this week”
• Included in DNAinfo’s “16 Things To Do This Week in New York City’s Neighborhoods”
• Included as a pick in the “Teacher’s Choice” Book Club: BooksRock.com
• “Marshall consistently displays a nimble fiction-writing talent”: Asheville Citizen-Times review
• “Xpress editor Alli Marshall muses on the rocker-writer dynamic in debut novel”: print feature at Mountain Xpress
• Interview and online post at RVAMag
• Interviewed on I Heart Radio’s Jeff Messer show (starting at 64:14)
• Featured on NC Writers’ Network
• Featured on AVL Informer podcast episode No. 4
• Listed among Style Weekly’s Round-up from the Arts Desk
• Listed among April fiction bestsellers on Small Press Distribution
• A review and interview in Rapid River
• A write up on How to Talk to Rockstars, the Indiegogo Campaign and the book launch from Mountain Xpress
• Review by Musoscribe
• Mention on the Ashvegas Hot Sheet
• Music News Nashville , Music News Los Angeles and Music News Toronto: Alli Marshall Debuts ‘How To Talk To Rockstars’ and Launches Indiegogo Campaign
• ReportCrowd.com: Overview of Indiegogo Campaign
I met you at the Writer’s Conference this weekend and look forward to working with you in Asheville. Great meeting you!